Posting: Volunteer Advocate: Survivor Healing and Support Services
November 30, 2021
Hours/week: Part-time, up to 40 hours per week, variety of shifts primarily weekdays, some evenings when appropriate.
Availability: part-time or full time position(s).
Description: Provide outreach and client assistance for the Survivor Healing and Support Services program. Collaborate with Program Coordinator and Counselor & Community Advocate to plan, execute and evaluate outreach efforts and program outcomes. Assist Counselor with client records, referrals to community agencies and referral lists. Assist Program Coordinator with program materials and reporting. Position may also maintain caseload depending on the circumstances of supervision and experience. Other duties as assigned. Needed trainings will be provided.
- BSW/BA in human services, public health, health promotion, health communication, women and gender studies preferred (can be in process), equivalent work experience considered.
- Experience in crisis counseling, domestic violence and sexual assault a plus.
- Capable of handling crisis situations effectively. Demonstrated initiative, high professional standards, and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with people from diverse racial, economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Caring, empathetic, client-centered approach. Ability to travel between sites in Wayne County, Oakland County Macomb County.
- Valid MI drivers license, current auto insurance, criminal background check, sex offender registry check, Department of Health and Human Services clearance, have and maintain excellent driving record, and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion.
- Bilingual a plus.