Posting: About Community Housing Network-Community Coordinator
May 24, 2022
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, CHN has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
CHN is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. All full-time employees enjoy a rich package of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Medical Leave Time
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
Housing Resource Community Coordinator
Department: Short-Term Programs
Reports to: Short-Term Programs Supervisor
Employment Status Classification: Full Time, Salary
Salary Range: $35,000
Job Description Summary:
Provide assessment to determine eligibility for potential program participants in department grants including but not limited to Rapid Rehousing and Prevention. The coordinator will work with identified potential program participants through the assessment process and if eligible also provide housing case management. This includes an array of services including financial assistance as eligible and prescribed in the specific grant, creation of a housing plan that addresses short term and long terms goals towards self-sufficiency, linking with mainstream resources and programs, as well as exploring long term subsidies and supports as available and eligible. The coordinator will actively participate in the coordinated entry system as well as the larger service network as needed. The coordinator will also contribute to outcomes and continuous quality improvement at the agency and Continuum of Care level.
- Meet with the identified potential program participant in the field to complete a full assessment to determine eligibility for available programs and resources. This will include review of available financial assistance.
- Exploring affordable housing opportunities for potential program participants to assist in identifying housing of their choice that meets program requirements. This will include development of new landlord connections and fostering existing relationships and utilizing advocacy in the community.
- Provide housing case management services to program participants following the Housing First model with a strength-based approach, developing an individualized housing plan in collaboration with the individual/household receiving services.
- Conduct home visits with program participants to review housing goals and continued eligibility. This will include review of documentation, recertification, full Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (SPDAT)s, budget review and linking with additional community resources as prescribed by agency and funding requirements.
- Document all contacts and produce appropriate reports related to the case file and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) per grant and agency requirements.
- Explore and identify additional community resources to benefit program participants in linking with available programs and services.
- Participate in community-based outreach activities as requested and appropriate. Some activities may include evening and weekend hours.
- Continue to refine skills and stay abreast related to best practices and program changes through additional trainings and community events as requested by the supervisor.
- Travel is required within the community to meet with program participants attend community events, and complete work requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or human services related field required; or five years of human service-related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and services required.
- Working knowledge of the Coordinated Entry System (CES) and other community resources and services related to housing and supports is essential.
- Must possess proficient computer skills, and be well organized, proactive, and self-directed. Must also be attentive to details and to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required; Personal automobile coverage limits minimum: Bodily Injury $100,00 each person, $300,000 each occurrence Property Damage $100,000 each occurrence.
Travel required within the communities served, Oakland and Macomb County.
CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Primary functions of this job require travelling to community partner locations, shelters, community spaces, and meeting participants in the field.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply, click here: