Posting: About Community Housing Network-Administrative Coordinator
May 24, 2022
About Community Housing Network
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, CHN has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
CHN is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. All full-time employees enjoy a rich package of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Medical Leave Time
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
Department: Short-Term Programs
Reports to: Director of Short-Term Programs
Employment Status Classification: Full time, Salary
Hourly Rate: $16.50
Job Description Summary:
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative and technical support to the Short-Term Programs Department. The position is responsible for ensuring the completeness of participant files and the accuracy of corresponding data.
- Receive program paperwork from staff and monitor for accuracy
- Utilize the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to complete program data entry and exit assessments
- Monitor monthly and quarterly data quality compiled from Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) reports, working collaboratively with team members to resolve presenting data issues
- Verify that rental units meet program and funder guidelines by completing supporting documentation and rent reasonableness comparisons
- Review program participant documentation to calculate income eligibility
- Create electronic participant files with compiled program participant paperwork and documentation
- Perform internal chart reviews for program and funder guidelines utilizing internal ticket system
- Manage the file room organization as well as electronic file organization
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years administrative support experience
- Excellent computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is desired
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competence with independently managing and implementing complex and co-ocurring projects.
- Ability to organize, and to work both independently and collaboratively
- Natural ability to be a personal representative of CHN’s Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation, Passion
Driving is not an essential function of this role.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply, Click Here: