Posting: Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician - The Children's Center - Detroit, MI
January 24, 2023
Check out our Clinical career opportunities below!
Infant Mental Health Clinician - works with caregiver, infants/toddlers from the ages of birth to 3 years of old, in their homes, to provide family centered therapy that facilitates healthy social and emotional development and increase family stability using the Infant Mental Health Model.
Outpatient Clinician - works with caregiver and children from the ages of 4-6 years old. Provides mental health therapy in office or virtually using The Incredible Years Model for children with reported behavioral, emotional, and social issues.
Primary Duties Involve:
Provide parent-child relationship focused therapy services within the home and/or community setting for pregnant women, fathers, and young children between the ages of birth to six years old, using the Infant Mental Health Model or the Incredible Years Model. Conduct comprehensive assessments and treatment planning with measurable objectives. Submit timely and accurate documentation of services, billing data, and required paperwork
As part of your role as an Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician you will be responsible for some of the following:
- Provide parent-child relationship focused therapy services within the home and community setting for pregnant women, fathers and young children birth to age six. Case management services are included for 0-3 consumers.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and treatment planning with measurable objectives.
- Provide support and crisis interventions with families and children involved with the program.
- Assist in coordination and referral support services for family.
- Provide parent education and guidance, groups as needed
- Support overall child development.
- Submit timey and accurate documentation of services, billings, and required paperwork.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team with program staff and community partners.
- Participate in outreach activities and maintain relationships with referral agencies.
- Participation in conferences, trainings sessions, reflective supervision, and team meetings when scheduled.
- Master's Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or other related human service field. Licensure as social worker, counselor or psychologist in the State of Michigan
- Eligible for a waiver to provide clinical services to birth to three population provided by employer to work towards Infant Mental Health Endorsement.
- At least one year direct clinical experience in providing therapy services to young children and their families (includes graduate internship experiences)
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office, and general office equipment.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in order to appropriately deliver services to meet client needs in the home, school, community or agency by working a minimal of two evening shifts.
Master's degree in mental health related fields:
- Social work
- Psychology, or/and counseling
- State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) - Full License preferred
- Must have a license in the state of Michigan for the coordinating degree and maintain license throughout employment
- Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines. (CMHP) (within the first 60 days of employment)
- Must obtain CAFAS and PECFAS Certification (within the first 60 days of employment)
TCC's Core Values:
- Dedicated - We are devoted, dedicated and always willing to pitch in.
- Passionate - We are passionate about what we do.
- Accountable - We do what we say.
- Can Do Attitude - We have a "Can Do" attitude.
- Respectful - We always treat co-workers, donors and children and families with respect, courtesy, and patience.
Robust Health Care and Benefit Package including:
- Vision and Dental Plan sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Matching 3% 403(b) retirement plan after one year, fully vested after two years of employment.
- 160 hours of paid time off your first year, 200 hours your 2ndyear, up to 280 hours
- Life Insurance.
- Long Term Disability sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Longevity Pay
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance
- Critical Illness
- Voluntary Life, voluntary spouse, and dependent life
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield (prepaid legal services)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.