Students in the program leading to the Master of Social Work degree or those who have a Masters in Social Work degree may also participate in the following graduate certificate programs:
- Gerontology Certificate (WSU School of Social Work)
- Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies (CADAS, WSU School of Social Work)
- Child Welfare Certificate (WSU School of Social Work)
- Developmental Disabilities Certificate (Developmental Disabilities Institute)
All courses in the following certificate program are drawn from existing courses within the doctoral program curriculum. The following certificate may be of interest to those who are considering obtaining a doctoral degree in social work but may need more time to prepare an application or who wish to "test the waters" prior to admission into a doctoral program.
- Research and Evaluation (WSU School of Social Work)
Students with the desire to gain specialized knowledge and skills to develop and launch startup ventures with a social purpose addressing social problems like homelessness, poverty, and violence, are encouraged to explore the Mike Illitch School of Business Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. This certificate is offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Faculty teaching courses include Social Work Lecturer Marijo Upshaw.