The Bachelor of Social Work Programs (BSW) application deadline is April 1. All BSW students start in the fall semester. The BSW program is available in the following locations and formats:
- Main campus, Full-time
- Main campus, Part-time
- University Center Macomb
- Where Online Works! (WOW!)
- Schoolcraft Center Hybrid Program
Applicants must have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50, completed (or be in progress of completing) 60 credits (must be transferable to Wayne State if taken elsewhere), and complete (or be in progress of completing) pre-professional coursework.
BSW APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1
All applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible as admissions will close once program capacity has been reached. Applications may be submitted up to one year prior to the start of the beginning term of the program. All students admitted to a BSW program for the fall semester must attend a mandatory orientation.
Applicants must provide a resume, personal interest statement and copies of transcripts from all colleges attended.
Application material guides:
Steps to apply
- Submit to the Wayne State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions the Application for Undergraduate Admission with the appropriate fee and official transcripts from colleges or universities.
- Submit to the School of Social Work's Office of Admissions and Student Services, the Application for Admission, Bachelor of Social Work Degree Program.
- Application materials include a personal interest statement and a copy of transcripts from all colleges attended that demonstrate the ability to pursue successful undergraduate professional education in social work.
BSW Information Meeting
The School of Social Work hosts informational meetings on its programs. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of these meetings prior to applying.
For additional information on the BSW program or your application, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Services at (313) 577-4409 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype us at wsuschoolofsocialwork.