ACEs (Adverse Childhood Events): The impact of toxic trauma on human development, health and wellbeing
In this training, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Tehmina Shakir, MD will discuss relevant research, the impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood events on human development, health and wellbeing; risk and protective factors that affect the impact of adverse childhood events; prevention strategies to minimize adverse childhood experiences; the management and treatment of toxic stress and impact of multiple adversities during childhood; and compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma: how to take care of our own mental health while working with survivors of ACEs.
- Discuss the impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood events on human development, health andwellbeing
- Discuss the risk and protective factors that impact adverse childhood events
- Discuss prevention strategies to minimize adverse childhood experiences.
- Discuss management and treatment of toxic stress and impact of multiple adversities duringchildhood.
- Discuss compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma: how to take care of our own mental health whileworking with survivors of ACEs
Steps to complete this course
- Pay for the course: The cost of the lecture with 3 Continuing Education Clock Hours (CECH) is $25. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners. Non-Social Workers will obtain a certificate of completion. Payment must be submitted to obtain course content. Please use your computer, (not a phone), to pay. Click here to pay for this course
Complete Course: You will be sent a document containing course materials and Post-Test. Complete the directions in this document.
Pending a passing test score and payment in full, a CE certificate will be e-mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
If you pay for this course before completing it, you will have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that, no refunds will be issued. Visit our Contact Page for more information in regards to payments.
For further information or any questions, please contact the CE department at firstname.lastname@example.org.