Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
This course was designed by the Wayne State University SBIRT team - College of Nursing and School of Social Work – who has trained health professionals, faculty, preceptors, and students to become SBIRT service providers and increase access to and availability of care, reduce behavioral health disparities, and promote the use of SBIRT in medically underserved communities in Michigan.
- Explain the SBIRT process and the value of this evidence-based, public health practice across health, oral health and behavioral health settings
- Perform pre and full screenings for substance use and determine a patient's level of risk
- Implement the four steps of a brief intervention using the spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- Examine strategies for effectively referring patients to addiction treatment and recovery supports when appropriate
There are three steps to obtain the CE's for this course:
- View the three course modules
- Complete and pass the post-test
- Visit our online store and "purchase" this online CE workshop (your cart will indicate a $0 cost)
Once completed, a CEU certificate will be e-mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.
There are three course modules to complete for this workshop, Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment, which can be viewed here.
Post Test & Evaluation:
Fee: This course will be free to students and the public until 12/31/2020 amd open to all social work and nursing students, and practitioners. Two (2) social work CE's are offered for this course. Athough this course is free, you must still utlize our online store here to ensure processing of your CE certificate (your cart will indicate a $0 cost when you check-out). If you fail to complete this step, along with the post-test, we will not issue your CE.
If you pay for this course before taking it, you have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that no refund or CEUs will be issued under any circumstances.
For further information or any questions, please contact the CE department at email@example.com.