Cultural Humility and Cultural Competence
Led by licensed clinical social worker and WSU School of Social Work part-time faculty member Cassandra Bowers, PhD, LCSW, this training will explore cultural humility and cultural competence. It will examine the basic concepts of cultural competence and cultural humility, the impact each has on the child and family systems of care, and the concept of positionality when providing services. As a result of this workshop, participants will be prepared to recognize implicit biases contributing to discrimination, plan for improved practice related to cultural competence; nurture intrapersonal, interpersonal and system-level cultural humility simultaneously; and develop an awareness of personal cultural beliefs while examining perceptions of cultural differences.
- Recognize implicit biases which contribute to discrimination.
- Plan for improved practice related to cultural competence.
- Nurture intrapersonal, interpersonal and system level cultural humility simultaneously.
- Develop awareness of personal cultural beliefs, while examining perceptions of cultural difference.
Steps to complete this course
- Pay for the course: The cost of the lecture with 3 Continuing Education Clock Hours (CECH) is $15. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners. Non-Social Workers will obtain a certificate of completion. Payment must be submitted to obtain course content. Please use your computer, (not a phone), to pay. Click here to pay for this course.
Complete Course: You will be sent a document containing course materials and Post-Test. Complete the directions in this document.
Pending a passing test score and payment in full, a CE certificate will be e-mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
If you pay for this course before completing it, you will have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that, no refunds will be issued. Visit our Contact Page for more information in regards to payments.
For further information or any questions, please contact the CE department at email@example.com.