HIPAA compliance & ethical social work practice
This online workshop, presented by Janet Joiner, LMSW, PhD, will discuss the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the revised NASW Code of Ethics with an emphasis on the use of technology in direct practice, the development of organizational statements, such as social media and technology use policies, and the role of cyber liability insurance in direct practice. 2 Ethics CEs.
- Be aware of the revised NASW Code of Ethics and Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice
- Be aware of ethical challenges associated with social work practice in an online environment
- Be aware of Cyber Liability Insurance for Social Workers practicing online
Steps to complete this course:
- View the course presentation
- Complete the post-test and evaluation quiz
- Pay for the course: The cost of the course is $25, and payment can be submitted via our online store before or after the successful completion of the post-test and evaluation. Please use your computer, (not a phone), to pay. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners and is worth 2 Continuing Education Clock Hours.
Pending a passing test score and payment in full, a CE certificate will be e-mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
If you pay for this course before taking it, you have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that, no refund or CEs will be issued. Visit our Contact Page for more information in regards to payments.
For questions or comments regarding this online course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org