Social Work & the Overdose Epidemic: Naloxone workshop
This workshop focuses on the recent opioid epidemic, including the role of opioids, and how to identify and administer naloxone to reverse an opioid-related overdose. It takes a train-the-trainer approach and considers harm reduction and public health strategies to reduce overdose.
- Overview of the recent overdose epidemic
- Identifying the signs of an opioid overdose
- How to administer naloxone during an overdose
- Discuss medications for opioid use disorder
- Examine myths and barriers towards naloxone
Steps to complete this course:
- View the course presentation
- Complete the post-test and evaluation quiz
- Pay for the course: The cost of the course is $25 and payment can be submitted via our online store before or after the successful completion of the post-test and evaluation. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners and is worth 2 Continuing Education Contact Hours in pain management.
Pending a passing test score and payment in full, a CEU certificate will be e-mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
If you pay for this course before taking it, you have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that, no refund or CEUs will be issued.
For further questions or concerns regarding this course contact the CE department via email at email@example.com.