Pain Management Online Course
One out of three Americans suffer from chronic pain. Think about that for a minute. You, me, your partner, your friends, your family, your colleagues, your clients. We are all at risk and many are already suffering. Advances in medicine, longer life spans and an aging population only make the challenges all the more important. Chronic pain can be disabling, detrimental to functioning and at the very least, distracting. How do we treat it? Do opiates help? Why would the Michigan Legislature pass a law establishing a right to adequate pain relief?
This one hour course will begin to answer these questions. Research will be cited to help wade through the myriad of treatments. Traditional medicine, complementary and alternative medicine, psycho- social methods and other approaches will be presented. Specific techniques will be reviewed. Participants will be encouraged to apply the concepts both personally and professionally. And finally, not only will this course meet the requirement for one hour of pain management education every three years, but it will also help you understand where the requirement came from.
- Increase understanding of the prevalence of chronic pain, its costs and possible solutions.
- Increase understanding of how a multi-disciplinary approach can be effective with clients who have chronic pain.
- Increase understanding of how emotions and pain are related and how this connection can be used to reduce pain.
- Develop knowledge of the risks of using opiates to treat chronic pain.
Steps to complete this course:
- View the course presentation
- Complete the post-test and evaluation quiz
- Pay for the course: The cost of the course is $25 and payment can be submitted via our online store before or after the successful completion of the post-test and evaluation. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners and is worth 2 Continuing Education Contact Hours in pain management.
Pending a passing test score and payment in full, a CEU certificate will be e-mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.
If you pay for this course before taking it, you have up to 60 days after payment to complete this course. After that, no refund or CEUs will be issued.
For further questions or concerns regarding this course contact the CE department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.