Faculty support services
To request services that are the responsibility of the Center, please fill-out a Project Assistance Request Form unless another contact is listed. For other tasks please contact your individual secretary. If you have any questions regarding Center services, please contact Kendra Wells, Manager of Research Support.
Center for Social Work Research Services
- Assist with evaluation of Continuing Education workshops - Survey design, analysis, & reporting
- Audio transcription
- Budget development assistance - Contact Neva Nahan
- Conducting interviews & focus groups
- Data reporting & visual/graphic presentation
- Internal SSW Assessment - Contact Neva Nahan
- IRB Applications - Contact Neva Nahan
- Literature search & retrieval
- Manuscript editing - Contact Neva Nahan
- Preliminary data analysis via SPSS
- Pre-Post award assistance - Contact Neva Nahan
- Qualitative and quantitative data entry, cleaning, & coding*
- Research design consultation & technical assistance
- Student Research Integration - Connecting social work students with faculty research projects (see below)
- Survey creation, administration, & entry - Online via Qualtrics & in-print via Remark*
- Other: Course & online course assistance. Faculty are responsible for seeking training and managing course(s) - Contact Dr. Keys and the Office of Teaching & Learning for assistance.
*Data entry projects with code-books are preferred
Priority is for funded projects; determination made on a case-by-case basis by the Center
Student Research Integration
Unless otherwise listed, Center services are performed by student employees in the Research Support Lab. The Research Support Lab is connected with social work students eager to integrate their education with hands-on experience with research. If you have a research-related opportunity for students (paid or volunteer) we can help you promote it and gather student interest. Please note that this process is to find student volunteers or employees to work on your project and is not requesting work performed by the Research Support Lab student employees. If you are interested in promoting your opportunity, please fill out our Student Research Integration Form and Kendra Wells will contact you about next steps.
For additional tips about finding students to work with you on your projects, please view our Resources for Recruiting Student Researchers info sheet.